The Swedish Association for Sexuality Education (RFSU)
RFSU is a pioneering non-governmental Swedish organisation working with sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). Through knowledge, mobilisation and policy advocacy, RFSU contributes to a world in which everyone is free to enjoy, and make decisions about their own bodies and sexuality.
What we do in Sweden
- We contribute to knowledge and change norms about the body, sexuality and relationships. This is done through our clinic and other sex education and training.
- We meet with politicians, arrange conferences, participate in panels and debates, and appear in the media.
- We are a member organization with about 17 local branches around the country.
- We publish Ottar – Sweden’s largest sexual politics themed magazine.
- We own the company RFSU AB that offers products within health, sex, cohabitation, body and well-being.
50 partner organisations globally
- At a global level, RFSU advocates for sexual and reproductive health and rights in Swedish foreign and development policy as well as at the EU, the United Nations and other important institutions.
- RFSU supports close to 50 partners and networks that drive change for sexual and reproductive rights in Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- RFSU is a member, and also one of the founders, of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), an umbrella organisation that brings together SRHR organisations throughout the world.